Saturday, July 12, 2008

360 Camp

Wow!! I just spent a week with 250 students and adults at Shepherd of the Ozarks in Harriet, Arkansas. It was great and awful all at the same time. Nothing quite like climbing 10,000 steps everyday, 3 times a day to eat holding at least one baby and sometimes two. The work load was awful but the time I was able to spend with 2 beautiful and Godly women was priceless. I spend most of my time at the camp with my friend Jessica Head. For all of my non-Lafayette friends, Jessica's husband is the middle school pastor at the church. She has two sweet girls and her oldest Janna is Bianca's best-friend. (so the girls say anyway!) Then our worship leaders wife, Heather, rode the 10 hours there and the 10 hours back in the car with me. What a servant she was to me as she took care of the children while I drove.
I loved spending time with these women, getting to know each of them better and for the first time since being here in LA, really being able to connect with other women in an intimate way. I loved it and despite all of the miserable work it was to be there everyday I wouldn't trade a moment of my time with these women. 
I am so thankful to the Lord for friends who love, encourage and most of all challenge.
Thanks to Jessica and Heather for spending the week with me and still loving me!

2 comments:

jess said...

Wow, you were able to get on the computer and post something the day you got back. I couldn't move when i got home. I am so thankful that we were able to share in those experiences myself. After all, they only come around every 3 years!

heather young said...

It was an absolutely CRAZY week!!!! But you are quite right when you say that you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I am so thankful for the time that we had together. You and Jessica are both amazing wives and mothers. How blessed we are to have each other!! Three different women coming from different backgrounds - because of JESUS CHRIST we are like-minded and one in Him for eternity. The Lord is separating us soon, and we may not be together again in this life.....but I am thankful for the hope we have in Him that guarantees our unending fellowship when we are reunited in heaven. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I love you both and pray for God's daily deliverance in your lives. Our mission is the same.... we all carry with us the vital, crucial and unique message of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST - obeying the Lord to spread it so that no member of the Bride would be lost. That's a bond that can not be broken:)