Monday, February 2, 2009

Good-byes

Hooks and Ana
Bianca and her BFF and cousin Piper
me with Abby and Piper- I love those girls
I am realizing that I haven't posted about my family goodbyes. I am happy to report that it was not that bad. I think the hardest one was my sweet Abby. I guess I never thought about how hard it would be for her. I am hoping that she will turn her sadness into prayers for us. She is only 7 and a new believer, but I am hoping that this will be an early lesson in the blessing of obedience. I cannot wait for her and her sister, Piper, to come and visit us summer of 2010. My sisters both handled things alright. There was, of course, crying-but I know that it is only b/c they love and will miss us. They were both awesome while we were visiting and the girls have asked about them nearly everyday. My parents were amazing. I know that my mom wanted to throw herself in front of the plane, but she was great. She hugged and kissed us all and waved good-bye. I am sure she cried all the way home and even some when she got home, but I KNOW that she turned her tears into prayers and for that I am grateful. My dad, well, he had to go to work from the airport so we got hugs and kisses and he was off. You never quite know with him, but I do KNOW that he loves us and will pray for us. We are so grateful for technology. We have had the opportunity to talk to my family and to the Brous on skype and that is just so fun:) What we would do with out the internet- I don't even want to think about it.
In other news....
I have had some great times with the Lord this week. It has been a struggle to get up at 5 am, but I need to, I have to, or else this just isn't going to work. I need to hear from the Lord everyday and I cannot hear or concentrate if there is complete crazy going on at all times. I feel like I am just growing deeper everyday and I think it shows in my attitude. I have to say that I have been a good bit more patient than I have been in a long time, and that I am just feeling better all around. It is so good to be in the living in obedience to the Lord- if you haven't tried it....you should!

No comments: