Monday, March 23, 2009

Still alive!

Hi everyone,
I am still here! We have just been super busy with our training schedule and life. The Lord has also been teaching me so much I have just been spending time processing it all. We are only 5 days away from leaving this country and my feelings have been all over the place. I am mostly excited and nervous with undertones of sadness and WHAT!!! It is just so wild- all of our prayers and tears over the last year have all culminated into this one huge event- finally leaving the US to make a new home in Europe. I have learned that in many ways I will never be the same. Chances are, that in 3 years when we come back on our stateside assignment I will be a completely different person. That is just so strange to me and awesome at the same time. We have learned what it truly means to live a "spirit led life", been challenged to live a life completely dependent on the Lord, and new ways to make the Christian live relevant in a culture where anything goes. I have been challenged to live a truly authentic life, one that always reflects Christ, even when his name is not known to those around me. I am so curious about this life the Lord has called us to. He has blazed an amazing trail for us all along this process, I can only image what He has for us ahead.
The girls are doing awesome- we cannot wait to get there and get them settled. It seems that we may be in a bed and breakfast for the first week or so we are there. That is fine with us- then I may get to have some choice in our apartment. As soon as we get settled we are taking the girls to Toys R us to fill their new rooms. They have been so long without toys of their own, I don't think they will know what to do with themselves. Bianca has decided that she wants her own room and doesn't want to share with her sisters. I think she has had enough of that! Too bad the little girls will prob. never get that choice...
I will post new pics of our place as soon as we get settled. We are in need of a new camera, so join us as we pray for what to get and that we get a good price!

1 comment:

heather young said...

We miss you guys so much!!!!! Please tell Giada that her friends in Kentucky are praying for her every night. Lydia and Isaac always remind us even if we forget. Katie, praying for you this week, EMOTIONALLY!!! I can't imagine. The Lord is our Rock, when things are ever changing, He is not:) I love you.