Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good food


I know I talk about food alot, BUT it is my love language:) I have said many times since being here that it is a good thing I know how to cook- otherwise, I would be in trouble! Not much in the way of prepared foods or canned goods. Don't get me wrong they have them, but maybe just a few veggies in a can and that is about it. The frozen food section in the largest grocery store here is only small rows of the chest type freezers. No huge freezers with doors. There is more yogurt than frozen foods! Everything is fresh and I love it! It makes me fell so good to feed my family all fresh, unprocessed food. I feel better, and I think my body is responding well to the changes. I haven't had the opportunity to weigh myself but I know I have lost some weight. Now- I know we have an entire aisle devoted to chocolate but you can do that when  you aren't eating crap all day long. I am missing the occasional Raisin Canes and some good Mexican, but I know I will live.
I have attached some pics of my fridge and pantry so you can SEE what I am talking about. It is just amazing to me to think about what my last few pantries have looked like :(


Bread and pastry shelf

Pantry - that big green and white rectangle a the bottom is a flat of milk (6x1Litre)
Fridge! the feezer is only 3 drawers and it has only ice cream:) and meat/seafood.
We eat a bowl of fruit this big about every 4-5 days. Some may not think that is a big deal, but for my girls it is.

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

that's great katie! i always want to use more fresh ingredients. it's so easy to use the processed stuff...it always seems to be the cheapest too...over here in the states i feel like they make it SO hard for families to cook GOOD FRESH food b/c people are trying so hard to cut costs so they go for buy one get 10 free boxes of kraft mac, hee hee... :) i'm loving reading what y'all are up to! :)

Katie B said...

I totally understand that Beth! That is why this is such a big deal for me.... I like quick and easy esp. with all of these tiny mouths to feed. I am just having to plan a bit more and spend some more money! That part is hard but when left with no other choice... at least it is healthy.

Unknown said...

i didnt know milk could be pasturized different? i learned something new today!