Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My so-called life

Well, things continue to be in limbo around here. We are still waiting on information from the IRS concerning our Social Security status. We cannot be appointed by the IMB until it is all cleared up, so we need this to be taken care of. Also, as of Sunday, Ian is no longer employed by East Bayou. They are going to keep us on the payroll for another 6 weeks (PTL) but after that we are on our own until we get picked up by the IMB in December, that's IF everything goes well with the IRS. So, we are trying to sell our house, get rid of at least one car  and try to keep things as "normal" as possible for the children. What we do know-1) The Lord has called us away 2)His ways are higher and everything will come together in His timing-not ours, and 3)we have parents who won't let us starve or be homeless.  In the mean time we are planning trips to ATL (yeah!!!) and New Orleans and a few places in between. 
I am just feeling weird- you know, like I don't really belong anywhere. It would not be good for us to continue going to East Bayou when Ian isn't on staff anymore and they are trying to transition in some new staff. BUT we still live here. So my emotions are all over the place. It's like I am here, but emotionally I am already gone. Make sense? Prob. not. I am sure my few friends think I am being weird to them, but I just have feelings all over the place and I am trying to work them out. Anyway -just keep praying that we can sell our sweet house. We love it and hate to leave it but you know this what what God is doing in our lives, so we obey.
Here is our house....

ATL friends don't be shocked by the size of this house. Most people here live in houses this size-they would think that your houses are MANSIONS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I want you to know that you and Ian and the girls are in my prayers! Something that popped into my head while reading your post is that God is giving you the opportunity to be patient and let Him prepare the way. I've always prayed for patience for this, that and the other thing and was talking with my step-mom a while back when she said to me, "You get what you pray for, if you pray for patience, God will give you the opportunity to be patient"

I just wanted to let you guys know that we love you and are praying for you daily!

Crystal

Heather said...

prayers for you Katie. i can imagine a little insecurity creeping in.

God will show up. He's there -- he already knows exactly what will happen.

Love to you.
H

Ashley said...

I'm praying for your house to sell quickly! And for the IRS to get its act together to get everything smoothed out on your Social Security issues . . .

Linda Williams said...

I hope you don't mind my peeking into your lives on your blog. I can remember so well the day you and Ian were married and what a wonderful time all of us from Virginia Beach had in LA! It was a beautiful wedding and it seems to me that it has been a beautiful life!

God has surely blessed you and Ian with 3 beautiful daughters and health and happiness! Who could ask for more?

I will be praying for you as you and your sweet family goes to Spain....We are excited! Another vacation spot that we have now that you will be there!

I know that a lot of uncertainty is present in your lives right now but just wait....You will see the hand of God step in when no one else can and will move all obstacles in order for you to do His will.

You just keep on working on your weight. It is discouraging and difficult but look at it this way...It did not go on quickly and it will not come off quickly. Just keep doing all you can and God will take care of that too. I really got a kick out of something my cousin said once. I saw her after a long period and said, "Margie, you have lost a lot of weight" and she said, "Ump! I got tired of wearing coats all year"

Just remember there is someone in Florida who loves you all and will be praying for you!

Love,
Anthony's Mom

Heather said...

where are you friend? need an update.